List of products by brand Milhade
Owners and wine-makers on the right bank of Bordeaux, Maison Milhade has been cultivating the art of wine for over four generations, following the pure and authentic bordelais tradition. Humility, a love for vines and the search for excellence have been the values of the Milhade family to enable their terroir to fully express itself in each bottle. Today, Maison Milhade owns over 200 hectare of vines in the Bordeaux region. The estates are located on the right bank of the Garonne, in the Bordeaux, Bordeaux Supérieur, Lussac Saint-Emilion and Lalande-de-Pomerol appellations.
The story began in 1938 with Damase Mihlade, originaly from Corrèze and founder of a trading-house in Galgon. The choice of this city, landlocked between Pomerol and Libourne, is strategic due to its location and the proximity of the railway network. At that time, two or three trains left Galgon each week to rally Paris and supply the capital with wine. Later, Damase invested in five tanker-trucks that criss-crossed France, which still explains the presence of Milhade Wines on the whole territory today. Jean Milhade, son of Damase, took over the family House in 1947. He developed the vineyard with Château Recougne, an 80 hectare estate. In 1961, Hélène, Jean’s wife, launched the first mail-order service for wines in the region. The same year, Jean Milhade bought Château Lyonnat, a historical estate of 50 hectares, situated in the Lussac de Saint-Emilion vineyard. In 1969, Château Sergant, situated in the graves region of Lalande-Pomerol, also became a property of the Milhade House. A style is born, the wines are powerful and balanced, and each one reflects its specific terroir. In the 80’s, a new estate is added, Château Tour d’Auron in the Bordeaux Supérieur appelation.