Vol : 44%
Bottle : 70 cl
Hendrick's Gin is produced in the Ayrshire region of Scotland from two stills, Carter-Head and Bennett Still: The first created in 1948 and by John Dore & Co.; The second even more ancient, designed in 1860 by master Ramal Londinesi. In 1966, Charles Gordon – Patron of William Grant & Sons – bought these two collectors ' stills without exactly knowing their future use. In 1988, Charles Gordon met Lesley Gracie, launching a challenge on how to use these two stills to create a gin that could integrate an unusual blend with the common. It took 11 years and numerous experiments from plants, seeds, roots and fruits before we could get to a formula that would satisfy Mr. Gordon's request: 11 botanical species, some classics and some absolutely extravagant for the category – achillea, coriander, juniper, chamomile, caraway seeds, cubebe berries, elderflower, orange peel, lemon peel, angelica root, iris root – and a final infusion of damascene rose petals and cucumber. Produced in small batches (450 liters at a time), served iconically with tonic and the typical slice of cucumber, Hendrick's Gin is simply unusual, not for everyone.