Whisky Talisker Port Ruighe 70 cl

Whisky Talisker Port Ruighe 70 cl


Whisky Talisker Port Ruighe 70 cl

2 Items

Warning: Last items in stock!

59,90 € tax incl.

Bottle : 70 cl
Vol. : 45,8 %

Doubly distilled and aged in Porto, this malt is a tribute to Scottish merchants who, braving the stormy sea, played a key role in trade and the spread in the world of port wine. 'Port Ruighe' (pronounced 'Port rii') in Gaelic means what was once a bustling commercial port of Skye. The final touch given by the Port binds the strong character of marine TALISKER the sweet and juicy tasty berries for a superb experience of contrasting flavors. The smoky aroma and sweet, reminiscent of the warmth of the burning wood, combined with the intensity of ripe plums. The initial note of pepper on the tongue soon becomes an exceptionally peaty quality. The smoky flavor and creamy mixes with a hint of spices and blackberries. The taste is smoky, dry, long finish.

Size 70 cl


Siate il primo a fare una recensione !

Talisker whisky Distilleria

Product by: Talisker whisky Distilleria

The distillery was founded in 1830 by Hugh and Kenneth MacAskill, and built in 1831 at Carbost after a number of false starts on other sites when they acquired the lease of Talisker House from the MacLeod of MacLeod. The distillery was rebuilt 1880–87 and extended in 1900. When a new lease for the distillery was negotiated with the chief of Clan MacLeod in 1892 the annual payment was to be £23.12s and a ten-gallon cask of best-quality Talisker. It was rebuilt in 1960 after a stillhouse fire completely destroyed the distillery. The distillery operates five stills; two wash stills and three spirit stills. All the stills use worm tubs (condensing coils) rather than a modern condenser, which are believed to give the whisky a "fuller" flavour (itself an indication of higher sugar content). During this early period, the whisky was produced using a triple distilling method, but changed to the more conventional double distilling in 1928. Talisker was acquired by Distillers Company in 1925 and is now part of Diageo. After the 1960 fire, five exact replicas of the original stills were constructed to preserve the original Talisker flavour. In 1972 the stills were converted to steam heating and the maltings floor was demolished. Talisker’s water comes from springs directly above the distillery via a network of pipes and wells.

Voti e valutazione clienti

Nessun cliente ha lasciato una valutazione
in questa lingua