Whisky Caol Ila 12 Yo Distillers Edition 2013 70 cl

2644

Whisky Caol Ila 12 Yo Distillers Edition 2013 70 cl

3 Items

Warning: Last items in stock!

73,80 €

Bottle : 70 cl
Vol. : 43 %


Caol Ila is the Gaelic name for the Sound of Islay, which separates the island from Jura in one of the most remote and beautiful parts of Scotland's West Coast. Caol Ila 18 years old. Tasting notes: age introduces a golden colour and complexity to this mellow, amber Caol Ila. It starts smoky-sweet on the nose then drinks smoothly, showing a sweet yet sour character. The long-lived finish evokes a distant, smouldering beach bonfire. Appearance: golden. Nose: smoky bonfires, then soapy water and wet wool, with a smouldering beach bonfire in the distance. Hints of mineral oil, then wax. Develops scents of burnt pork sausages. Body: firm, smooth, light to medium. Palate: smooth and mildly sweet start with good acidity and sea salt. Finish: a lingering, charred, slightly sour finish.

Size 70 cl
Y.O. 12

Recensioni

Siate il primo a fare una recensione !

Caol ila whisky Distilleria

Product by: Caol ila whisky Distilleria

Caol Ila is a Scotch whisky distillery near Port Askaig on the isle of Islay, Scotland. Caol Ila is derived from Gaelic Caol Ìle for "Sound of Islay" (lit. "Islay Strait") in reference to the distillery's location overlooking the strait between Islay and Jura. It was founded in 1846 by Hector Henderson. The distillery did not fare well, and changed hands in 1854 when Norman Buchanan, owner of the Isle of Jura Distillery, took over. In 1863 the business was acquired by Bulloch Lade & Co, of Glasgow, traders in whisky stocks. By the 1880s over 147,000 gallons of whisky were produced there each year. In 1920 Bulloch Lade went into voluntary liquidation, and a consortium of businessmen formed the Caol Ila Distillery Company Ltd. In 1927 the Distillers Company acquired a controlling interest in Caol Ila, and in 1930 Scottish Malt Distillers Ltd obtained ownership of all the shares. The distillery closed during World War II, from 1942 to 1945, because of wartime restrictions on the supply of barley to distillers. From then, production continued until 1972, when the entire structure of the distillery was demolished. A larger distillery was then built, designed by George Leslie Darge in the same architectural style as many of his others with his trademark glazed curtain walls to the still houses, and production resumed in 1974. The company eventually became part of Diageo.

Voti e valutazione clienti

Nessun cliente ha lasciato una valutazione
in questa lingua

Top