Bottle : 70 cl
Vol . : 45.8%
Talisker, the only distillery of the Isle of Skye, was built in 1830 and, in his life, had several owners. Following a fire that partially destroyed, was rebuilt in 1960 and renovated in 1972 and in recent years. The tradition is, however, preserved in Talisker using four stills (first two and two for the second distillation). During the first part of the steam distillation of alcohol back in the still to be redistilled. This special reflux operation gives the Whiskey the characteristic spicy. Talisker is available from several years as single malt and malt product features marked on the Islands. Talisker is one of the six ' Classic Malts ". Colour: amber colour with greenish hues. Aroma: penetrating, full, round, fruity, spicy, peaty. Taste: warm, rich, spicy, peat, phenols, algae, savory. Large, full of smoke and very persistent aftertaste. Aftertaste: wide, full of smoke and very persistent.
Product by: Talisker whisky Distilleria
The distillery was founded in 1830 by Hugh and Kenneth MacAskill, and built in 1831 at Carbost after a number of false starts on other sites when they acquired the lease of Talisker House from the MacLeod of MacLeod. The distillery was rebuilt 1880–87 and extended in 1900. When a new lease for the distillery was negotiated with the chief of Clan MacLeod in 1892 the annual payment was to be £23.12s and a ten-gallon cask of best-quality Talisker. It was rebuilt in 1960 after a stillhouse fire completely destroyed the distillery. The distillery operates five stills; two wash stills and three spirit stills. All the stills use worm tubs (condensing coils) rather than a modern condenser, which are believed to give the whisky a "fuller" flavour (itself an indication of higher sugar content). During this early period, the whisky was produced using a triple distilling method, but changed to the more conventional double distilling in 1928. Talisker was acquired by Distillers Company in 1925 and is now part of Diageo. After the 1960 fire, five exact replicas of the original stills were constructed to preserve the original Talisker flavour. In 1972 the stills were converted to steam heating and the maltings floor was demolished. Talisker’s water comes from springs directly above the distillery via a network of pipes and wells.
See all products of Talisker whisky Distilleria